This specification provides engineering information and electrical specifications for the protection
circuit module of Li-ion cells.
The CT-NP80 PCM provides protection for single-cell Li-ion battery.
The semiconductor devices with ESD protections are utilized on CT-NP80 PCM.
• Over-charge protection Over-charge occurs whenever the voltage applied to etch battery is over 4.325V±0.025V.
Protection circuit on CT-NP80 should stop charging the battery when overcharge condition occurs and any deformation in the outer appearance of the Lithium cell connected to CT-NP80 should not occur.
• Over-discharge protection Over-discharge occurs whenever the battery is discharged with voltage below 2.500V±0.050V.
Protection Circuit on CT-NP80 should stop discharging the cells when overdischarge condition occurs.
• Over-current protection Over-current condition occurs when excessive discharge current occurs (The excessive current threshold is 6 higher than 150mV when S8261AAJMD is used) Protection circuit on CT-NP80 should stop discharging the cell when over – current condition occurs.
• Short-circuit protection
Short-circuit condition occurs when the terminals between P+ and P- is shortened.
Protection circuit on CT-NP80 should stop discharging the cell when shortcircuit condition occurs and temperature of MOSFET should not be overheated.
• Lithium-ion rechargeable battery protection
• Lithium-polymer rechargeable battery protection